Mrs. Martorano’s Class Update
Mrs. Martorano Pre-K Highlights – September 16
September 16th – September 20th
Weekly Theme: Emotions and Feelings
Dear Pre-K families,
We had an awesome first week of school! The children are adapting quickly to their new classroom, and they have all made some new friends. This week we will be continuing our theme, “emotions and feelings.” We have a lot of exciting activities planned for this upcoming week.
tarting on Monday, we will be discussing what the children like about themselves, how many people are in their family, how old they are, etc. During centers, we will be creating “emotion faces” using shaving cream on the tables, measuring how tall we are and creating our SuperHero cuffs. We will also be using our feelings yoga cards throughout the week for our creative movement.
We will also be discussing respect, what we are grateful for this week and what brings us peace in honor of International Peace and World Gratitude Day. The children will create doves and write on them words of gratitude and thoughts on peace. Please have them wear a tye-dye shirt on Friday if you have one. We cannot wait for you to see our surprise on Friday!
Your child may talk about him/her being evaluated this week. This first evaluation should not be too challenging for your child as we evaluate on the following: Colors, shapes, recognizing numbers up to 30, recognizing both upper, and lowercase letters, counting in order, writing our names, knowing a few parts of a book, proper use of a pencil, and identifying our own name from a list. Evaluations will help me know your children so I can best plan an academic program that assures of their progress in all developmental areas..
- Fall fun clubs start this week and it is not too late to sign up!
- Please see one of the teachers for questions or a sign up sheet. Clubs run everyday from 3:30 to 4:30 pm
- Please send in two separate bags for Snack and Lunch as well as extra water.
- Continue to help your child with our morning routine of “Snack, Lunch, Folder”
- Sign your child in and out everyday
- Please have them wear a tye-dye shirt on Friday if you have one.
Literature this week:
- Chrysenthium by Kevin Henkes
- How Full is Your Bucket? by Tom Roth & Mary Reckmeyer
- I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont
- Same, Same, Different, Different by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
- Unstoppable Me! by Dr. Wayne Dyer
- Incredible You! by DR.Wayne Dyer with Kristina Tracy
- Be Who You Are by Todd Parr
- The Peace Book by Todd Parr
“If you want to find happiness, find gratitude.” – Steve Maraboli
Peace and Gratitude,
View More Class Updates