Ms. Christina’s Class Update
Ms. Christina Week of March 21, 2022
Theme: Spring Has Sprung
This week we will focus on the arrival of spring. Over the weekend, the outside was decorated to celebrate the coming of this beautiful season. Hopefully, when we’re playing outside this week, we will notice signs of the coming of spring especially the sounds of the birds that are looking hard to build their nests.
The children really enjoyed the Turtle Man’s presentation on St. Patrick’s Day. He is always a Turtle Creek favorite.
I am so pleased to see the progress that the students have made since September. The children have not only made great progress in their foundational skills, but there has also been significant growth in social and emotional skills. The children can share better, listen to stories, and follow directions and the daily routines without many reminders.
Our crafts will dovetail with the spring theme. We will be making:
- Different colored fuzzy caterpillars using pom poms.
- A big yellow sun out of a paper plate and yellow pipe cleaners.
- A happy red ladybug.
- A rainbow streamer cloud
- Finger painted blooming flowers
All the literature will focus on spring as well.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Caterpillar Spring by Susan Hood
- What Makes the Season by Megan Montague Cash
- Colorful Garden by Nancy Parent
- Spring Is In the Air by Frank Berrios
- The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
For those parents who have signed up for a conference this week, I look forward to speaking with you. Enjoy a sunny, happy week.
View More Class Updates