Ms. Cappelluti’s Class Update
Mrs. Cappelluti Week of March 21, 2022
Theme: Spring Fun
Happy Spring! This week we focus on many fun spring activities. We explore what makes flowers grow, what a plant needs to thrive, and how to care for them. We also introduce and explore butterflies and their lifecycle. In math, we count ladybugs and sort spring flowers according to size and color. In science, we mix various colors to use for our spring flower painting. We continue to strengthen our fine motor skills by tracing our names and letters and cutting spring grass. We work on building the muscles in our hands by making flowers and butterflies with both model magic and playdough.
- Curious George Plants a Seed by Sandra Willard
- Gus Grows a Plant by Frank Remkiewicz
- Butterflies by Marte Ferguson Delano
- Worm Weather by Jean Taft
- Chicks by Sandra Horning
- Spring is Here! By Joan Holub
- Pete the Cat and the Cool Caterpillar by James Dean
- With warmer weather coming, please wear sneakers for the playground and send extra water for your child.
- Please don’t forget our nut-free policy.
- Optional parent teacher conferences will be held this week.
- Please send in pizza and fun club sign-ups if interested.
- Our Art Festival will take place on April 7th, save the date! Details to follow.
View More Class Updates