Ms. Cappelluti’s Class Update
Ms. Cappelluti – Three Year Old Highlights – November 18
Mrs. Cappelluti Highlights
Week of November, 18, 2019
Harvest and Thanksgiving
We are enjoying and embracing the harvest season! The children were proud to overflow our food donation box last week and learn about helping others less fortunate. We are discussing the Thanksgiving holiday, and sharing who and what we are thankful for at this special time of the year. We work on some adorable Thanksgiving crafts, sing silly turkey songs, get smart with our pilgrim letter hunt and turkey math, and mix harvest paint colors for science. This week the children will become chefs and make our very own pumpkin pie in class. We will even be sending some home for your family to sample, along with the recipe card in case you’d like to add this to your Thanksgiving menu! Enjoy!
- The Pumpkin Patch by Margaret Mc Namara
- Splat the Cat and the Pumpkin Picking Plan by Rob Scotton
- Thanksgiving Mice by Bethany Roberts
- What is Thanksgiving? by Harriet Ziefert
- This Monday and Tuesday will be one session days with an 11:30am dismissal for Parent Teacher Conferences. Only morning snack is necessary on these days.
- Conferences will be 15 minute intervals. Please come to the three’s door and knock at your scheduled time. I will work hard to stay on schedule as I know many of you have to get back to work. If we need more time we can schedule a follow up phone conference.
- If you haven’t signed up for a conference and would like to, please contact me with a time that works best for you.
- After care will be available on conference days for those who require it. You can sign up with Lisa in the office. Please send lunch for your child.
- Our Thanksgiving Feasts will take place next Tuesday, 11/26 and Wednesday, 11/27. Sign-up sheets are posted in our classroom. Thanks to those who signed up already!
- Scholastic Book orders are due on Friday.
- School is closed next Thursday, 11/28 and Friday, 11/29 for Thanksgiving.
Have a fabulous week!
View More Class Updates