Mrs. Olsen’s Class Update
Mrs. Olsen’s Class Week of March 21, 2022
Morning/Afternoon & Everyday Tasks:
- Morning Do Now’s
- Pledge of Allegiance & singing patriotic song
- Calendar & Weather Chart
- Days of the Week & Months of the Year songs
- Learning with Jack Hartmann – YouTube
- Letter/Sound Review
- Bean Bag activities
We will be finishing up our Unit on Measurement. The students really enjoyed the hands-on activities. It was great to see these little learners going around the classroom measuring buddied up with a partner or flying solo on their own. Please reinforce this at home. Some of the modalities they used are:
- Fingertip to fingertip
- Heart strip
- Weight scales
- Food scales
- Balance scales.
This week the students will also be doing work in the Read It! Draw It! Solve It! workbook:
- > < =
The children will learn about the Life Cycle of a plant. They will:
- Learn and label the parts of a flower.
- The chronological steps to planting a flower from a seed, and its growth.
- Students will plant Sunflowers!
Being a Writer –
Round Is A Mooncake by Roseanne Thong
- Think – Pair – Share
- Write about things that are red (and another color)
Making Meaning –
Noisy Nora Rosemary Wells
- Self-to-Text connections
- Identifying important ideas in the story
- Answering questions to understand the story
- Developing the group skill of talking & listening to one another
Keeping with the theme of flowers, the children will begin their Mother’s Day booklets!!
- Spring’s Sprung by Lynn Plourde
- Oh The Seeds You Can Grow by Jessica Kisk
- Plant Life Cycles by Mara Granbaum
- Planting A Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
- I Can Grow A Flower by Life Cycle Board Books
- The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
- How Does A Seed Sprout? by Eric Carle
- A Sunflower Life Cycle by Mary R. Dunn
Important Notes/Gentle Reminders:
- A BIG thank you to each of you for your helping hands with the creation of the most amazing Leprechaun Traps!! The children were so proud to show them off when the other TCLA classes took a stroll through our classroom to take a peek. The afterschool Enrichment students even stopped in to check them out. Everyone was very impressed!!
- P/T Spring Conferences will take place this week during school hours. Please be mindful of the fact that each conference is scheduled for 25 minutes – I will only have coverage for my class during that time frame.
- Today is Day #21 and the last month of the At Home Reading Challenge – Please continue to Read! Read! Read! Grab a book and let’s finish strong!!
- When handing in the reading time sheets, please be sure to record ONLY the minutes read, NOT the names of the books read!
– Laura Bush –
View More Class Updates