Mrs. Giountikos’ Class Update
Ms G – Pre-K Highlights – December 16
Pre – K Highlights
Weekly Theme: Holidays
Review of lettersT/L/S
Dear Pre-K Families,
This week the theme is holidays and the children will be working on the all important gift that they will be creating just for you.
I feel it’s important for children to learn gifts can be made simply and with love.
We will also have a mini review of letters T/L/ S as well as numbers 6/7/8 and color words. As per last weeks Newsletter stated we work on reinforcing the language and the representing sound of each letter. Constant and consistent review is necessary for the skills to be mastered.
This week the focus will be more on the upcoming holidays more so than the previous week and our literature will represent that.
On Friday we will be having our “slumber celebration” Please have your child come to class in their pajamas with a small stuffed animal. We will also be having breakfast together and play games, read wonderful stories and treat us selves to a special holiday movie.
- The Mouse Before Christmas by, Michael Garland
- The Night Before Christmas by, Clement C. Moore
- My First Kwanza by, Karen Katz
- Squirrels New Years Resolution by, Pat Miller
- Latkes, Latkes Good To Eat. A Chanukah Story by, Naomi Howland
- The Borrowed Hanukkah Latkes by, Linda Glacer
- Light The Lights! A Story About Celebrating Hanukkah & Christmas by, Margaret Moorman
- Friday is a full day
- Winter recess starts at the end of Friday
- Don’t Forget Friday Pajama Day!
Wishing you a joyous holiday season with your loved ones.
View More Class Updates