Our Theme: Welcoming Spring and Happy St. Patrick’s Day
This week we will say goodbye to winter and welcome the spring season. The children explore the many signs of spring and investigate the changes taking place all around us. We enjoy creating spring related crafts using different manipulatives, sing silly spring songs, and engage in some spring science experiments too! We will also partake in some fun interactive learning games to welcome this wonderful season, which will help to reinforce our counting and number skills and strengthen our letter recognition. As we look outside for blooming flowers, we also talk about being kind classmates as friendships are continually blooming both at school and in the world. This week we will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by trying to catch a leprechaun, counting gold coins, and sharing some delicious treats! Don’t forget to wear green if you have it. We will even have a visit from the Turtle Man on St. Patty’s Day!
- What Makes a Shadow? By Clyde Robert Bulla
- Wake Up It’s Spring by Lisa Campbell Ernst
- Rain Rain Go Away! by Viviana Garofoli
- The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
- It’s St. Patrick’s Day! By Rebecca Gomez
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- The Gingerbread Man and the Leprechaun Loose at School by Laura Murray
- Scholastic Book orders are due by Friday, 3/18. Our online code is J94KJ.
- On Wednesday, 3/16 and Thursday, 3/17 we will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Please have your child wear green on these days. Thanks to those who volunteered to send in treats for the class.
- Please send back pizza, fun club, and camp forms if interested.
- The Turtle Man will be visiting Turtle Creek on Thursday. If it’s not your child’s regular day and they’d like to attend, please reach out to me.
- On Monday and Tuesday, we will be taking individual pictures of the children for our Turtle Creek Yearbook. Please dress to impress.
Have a sunny week!
Categorised in: Ms. Cappelluti