Theme: Celebrating Music and Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss
This week we will wrap up our music theme. The children have enjoyed learning about Classical, Pop, Latin, and Country music. The children will vote for their favorite genre, and a special music party will take place at the end of the week. We will have so much fun investigating how different types of music make us feel, and express ourselves through various art mediums, using both our bodies and verbal expression. The children have been and will continue to work on their letter and number recognition, letter sounds, strengthening their fine motor skills, and identifying simple patterns. In honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday, we will share some of his great work and create some of our own rhyming stories and fun art projects in class throughout the week.
- Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
- Dr. Seuss’ ABC by Dr. Seuss
- Oh the Things You Can Think by Dr. Seuss
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
- The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
- On Wednesday, 3/2 we will be honoring Dr. Seuss’ birthday with our Read Across America Celebration. Please have your child dress silly for this “Wacky Wednesday;” two different socks, shirt inside out or backwards, silly hair, etc.
- If anyone would like to send in some St. Patrick’s Day treats (Irish soda bread, green bagels, cookies) for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration on 3/16 and/or 3/17, please let me know.
- The Turtle Man will be visiting Turtle Creek on 3/17. All students are welcome.
- Optional Parent/teacher conferences will take place 3/22-3/25. These conferences are mainly to discuss placement for next year, any issues you feel your child may be experiencing, concerns, questions, etc. Please contact me if you’d like to schedule a conference.
Categorised in: Ms. Cappelluti