Our Theme: Music
We begin the week with our Valentine’s Day class celebration on Monday. The children are very excited to share this special time with their classmates. Next, we introduce our wonderful Music Unit where the children will learn about all types of musical instruments and as a class will sort them into the categories of Wind, String, and Percussion. We will explore these different categories, and as a Turtle Creek band, we will parade through the classroom and even take turns being the “Class Conductor.” In math, the children will follow patterns made by musical instruments, and further develop number skills by counting musical notes and beats. For reading readiness, we match and identify our classmates’ names, and work on letter sounds and recognition. This week we will also have lots of fun creating our very own musical instruments.
- Monster Musical Chairs by Stuart J. Murphy
- This Old Man by Pam Adams
- Just a Little Music by Mercer Mayer
- Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes by Eric Litwin
- Toot! Toot! Guess the Instrument! By Cocorette Child’s Play LTD
- Our Valentine’s Day party is on Monday. No morning snack is necessary. Please have your child dress in red or pink if possible. Thanks to those who signed up to contribute. Please remember we are a nut free school and have ten children in our class.
- Don’t forget your class valentines that your children will deliver to their friends at our party. You can affix the pictures of each child that I sent home last week to help with their delivery efforts.
- Please return your child’s enrollment packet for school in September. If you have any questions, please see me or Mrs. Vanasco in the office.
- No school next Monday, 2/21 in observance of President’s Day.
- Please remember your daily covid slips.
- Scholastic Book orders are due by Friday, 2/18. Our online class code is J94KJ.
Wishing you all a sunny week!
Categorised in: Ms. Cappelluti