Our Theme: “Happy Hearts”
This week we continue to get ready for Valentine’s Day with our school friends. We will talk about love, friendship, and being kind! We discuss how to keep our hearts healthy by choosing healthy foods and exercising. The children will enjoy a heart alphabet and number hunt, practice name writing, cut hearts to strengthen fine motor skills, and learn some snappy tunes about love! We have been working daily on our letter recognition and sounds. Thank you for reinforcing this at home. We will enjoy our class Valentine’s Day Party on Monday, 2/14. Please have the children wear red or pink if possible.
- How Do Dinosuars Say I Love You? By Jane Yolen
- The Night Before Valentine’s Day by Natasha Wing
- Clifford, We Love You by Norman Bridwell
- Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse by Laura Numeroff
- The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
- Our Valentine’s Day Party will be on Monday, 2/14. Please have your child wear red or pink. All are invited, if it’s not your regular school day please join us from 10-11:30am. Thanks to those who signed up to contribute to our party. If you haven’t signed up yet and would like to, please let me know. Please be mindful that we are a nut free school and have ten children in our class.
- Please welcome our new friend Damien to the 3’s class and to our Turtle Creek family.
- It is encouraged that Valentines be sent in for all class members listed on the pictures we sent home last week. The children will enjoy “delivering mail” to their friends as part of our festivities.
- Please return signed report card envelopes.
- We will begin our Music Unit soon. Please send in any empty boxes, containers, or anything that can be transformed into a musical instrument.
- School is closed on Monday, 2/21 for President’s Day.
- Please remember your daily COVID slips.
Wishing you all a sweet week!
Categorised in: Ms. Cappelluti