Our Theme: Dressing for Winter
We will continue to talk about winter and this week we focus on and explore winter weather, appropriate dress, and how we keep warm. We will partake in fun activities that are winter related. Hands on crafts and centers include: decorating articles of clothing we wear in winter, painting and writing our names with “snow,” The “What’s Missing?” game, and “Mitten Match.” We work on math skills by focusing on simple patterns, identifying objects that are the same/different, and understanding the concept of size.
The Hat by Jan Brett
One Mitten by Kristine O’Connell George
Under My Hood I Have a Hat by Karla Kuskin
The Jacket I Wear In The Snow by Shirley Neitzel
The Mitten by Jan Brett
- The snow day was perfect timing to kick off our winter theme (well the second one anyway!) Thanks for all your cooperation and for checking your emails often during inclement weather days.
- The children enjoyed our Happy New Year/Belated Holiday Party. Thanks for your contributions.
- I want to thank you all for the wonderful presents, beautiful cards, class gift and love you showed me at the holidays. I appreciate your kindness and generosity so much!
- Please send in a pair of labeled mittens or gloves for a game in class this week.
- Share Days will begin this week and last throughout the month. This is a special day for your child to shine! He or she will be invited up in front of the class to talk about a special event, a fun experience, a favorite toy, etc. The purpose of this time is to develop confidence, answer questions and build self-esteem. The children are encouraged to bring in a picture (not an actual object) to help generate dialogue. If you’d like your child to participate, you can put a photo in your child’s folder at your convenience
- Scholastic Book Orders are due this Friday, 1/14. Our online code is J94KJ.
- There is no school on Monday 1/17, in observance of Martin Luther King Day.
Stay Warm and have a great week!
Categorised in: Ms. Cappelluti