Week of May 20, 2019
Our Theme: The Five Senses
This week we continue to explore all of the five senses, focusing on our sense of smell and taste. The children enjoy educational guessing games related to these two senses. For smell, we will put our noses to the test and try to guess “what’s that smell?” For taste, we will engage in a “taste test” to differentiate between sweet, salty and sour. The children really enjoy this week of our five senses unit. ABC recognition and sounds, counting to 20, and first and last name review are also on our agenda for this week as we are getting closer to Pre-K.
Sniff Sniff, A Book About Smell by Dana Meachen Ray
Shhh…A Book About Hearing by Dana Meachen Ray
The Five Senses by Maria Roca
- If anyone is interested in celebrating a summer birthday before school ends, please let us know and we can set up a date and time for your child.
- Save the Date: Graduation Day Is Friday, 6/14 at the Monmouth Worship Center. There is no guest limit, all are welcome.
- No school on Friday, 5/24 and Monday, 5/27.
- Please return sleep mats.
- Turtle Creek Carnival and Community Event is Thursday, 6/6 from 5:30-7pm.
Categorised in: Ms. Cappelluti