Our April theme is Spring
This week’s letter is Ss.
Highlights for the week of April 1st – April 5th
Hello Pre-K families! We will be continuing to learn about Spring throughout the month of April. It is an exciting time of year for growing, blooming and warmer weather. We will be exploring seeds and review that we have four seasons throughout the year and what happens in each.
Spring starts with /Ss/ so of course that is our letter this week. Monday we will read the Alphatales /Ss/ Book: Seal’s Silly Sandwich by Dorothy S.Sklar and create our class /Ss/ list. Throughout the week we will explore all things /Ss/ related, from shaking our sillies out, sand writing, sponge painting, slime and space. Thursday will be our Space day. We will read Me and my Place in Space by Joan Sweeney to hone in on where they are in this great big universe. Then we will explore the planets, sun and moon.
Woven throughout the week will be our numbers 1-20: how we add them, how we write them and how we count. Counting with all things /Ss/ (maybe spaghetti and skittles) will be quite silly!
See you Monday!
Alphatales Ss: Seal’s Silly Sandwich by Dorothy J.Sklar
I See Spring by Charles Ghinga
Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
The Reasons for the Seasons by Gail Gibbons
Four Seasons Make a Year by Anne Rockwell
Me and my Place in Space by Joan Sweeney
There’s No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System by Tish Rabe
- Show -and- Tell “S” on Wednesday
- Scholastic order is due on Friday
- Letter Zz is due Friday or your child’s last day of the week
- Please send in an extra water for your child to keep in their cubby
- Art Festival – Save the Date – Thursday, April, 11th – 5:00-6:30. Games, crafts, and art displays
- Please check your child’s cubby for change of clothes; some need fill-ins or season change.
- We will have a Spring party on Wednesday, May 1st. I will put out sign-up sheet the week of the 15th.
Categorised in: Mrs. Martorano