Week of January 7, 2019
Our Theme: Dressing for Winter
We will continue to talk about winter, and this week we focus on and explore winter weather, appropriate dress, and how we keep warm. We will partake in fun activities that are winter related. Hands on crafts and centers include: decorating articles of clothing we wear in winter, painting and writing our names with “snow,” playing the “What’s Missing?” game, and “Mitten Match.” We work on math skills by focusing on simple patterns, identifying objects that are the same/different, and understanding the concept of size.
The Hat by Jan Brett
One Mitten by Kristine O’Connell George
Under My Hood I Have a Hat by Karla Kuskin
The Jacket I Wear In The Snow by Shirley Neitzel
The Mitten by Jan Brett
- Please consider being a Guest Reader for our class! You may read a story, do a craft, bring a treat, etc. Any family member is welcome to be a guest reader. This is a special time for your child. We will work out a time that accommodates your schedule best. Sign-ups are posted.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due by Friday 1/11.
- There is no school on Monday 1/21, in observance of Martin Luther King Day.
- You may want to send in a sweatshirt or sweater for your child to keep in his/her backpack on chilly days. Please label everything! It’s a great help.
- Our Multicultural Night at Turtle Creek will be held on Thursday, January 24th from 6-8pm. Details to follow.
Stay warm and have a great week!