Week of January 2, 2019
Our Theme: Happy New Year and Welcome Winter!
Happy and Healthy New Year to All! We will begin to focus on the winter season and the fun activities associated with winter over the next few weeks. We will explore many concepts that have to do with the colder temperatures; such as snow, ice, appropriate winter dress, fun things to do, etc. We will enjoy lots of “hands on” winter activities, science fun, learning games, and sing some fun songs too! We will continue working on fine motor skills, name writing and recognition, and our numbers and letters.
The Little Snowflake by Steve Metzger
Snow by Marion Dane Bauer
Snow Happy by Patricia Hubbell
Ice is Nice by Playmore Publishers
Let it Snow by Maryann Cooca-Leffler
- We hope everyone had a wonderful winter break! Happy and Healthy 2019 to all. Thanks for all the generous and wonderful gifts. The children had a great time at our holiday parties, thanks for all of your help and contributions.
- Please consider what extra clothes you sent in for us to keep at school for your child, you might want to update them so they are seasonally appropriate.
- Please send in a pair of mittens or gloves (labeled) to be used for a game in class.
- Please return sleep bags with sheets placed on the mat. Thanks so much.
- If your child stays full day, please remember to send in a second snack and drink for our pm snack time.
- Fun Club enrollment is going on now. Please see Mrs. Vanasco in the office if you’re interested.
Happy New Year and have a wonderful week!